Wednesday, March 20, 2013

deux

It seems the universe has its electrical wiring crossed again and I'm left literally scratching my head on what to do, and where to go.

I checked my email and found a reminder for my incomplete FAFSA application for next school year. Completely unlike me, you see, I like to close doors behind me firmly shut and without any chances of cracking open. So I filed the financial information page on the FAFSA and because (or maybe even without it) of the messy tax business I had to deal with this year, I don't qualify for any grants.

My life plans tend to revolve aroud how much money I do or don't have which includes schooling. Right now, a full-blown graduate school program is out of the game plan. Not a particularly bad decision considering I can't decide on which program to enroll in. One day it's Finance, another a Humanities program, the next, Business Management... and another, Web Development.

I hate that my identity is so tied into what my future career might look like, I could barely make a decision everyday without it being a giant dissection of what I should do with myself. And then of course, I find myself reading a terrifically depressing article about a MFA graduate who can't find decent employment. A few clicks later, I find a job posting as an Editorial writer for one of my favorite web sites in the planet.

Two highly contrasting ideas all in one place, gotta love the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment