Thursday, October 11, 2012

10/10

My wish is gathering strength. I could almost hear the Northern wind building a circumference around the globe, drawing strength from the universe; waiting for a kiss from Athena, Lord Ganesha and all the deities who answer deep, dark, almost violently desired wishes of mortals.

Everywhere I turn I see manifestations of my wish falling in and around me. A pen with the company's name on it. News about the company splashed across computer screens everywhere I go. Gossip emanating from the people who work there.

This is the wish that shall not be fully mentioned. I wished and I wished to work for this company. To grow, flourish and succeed in this company. Two days ago I've started my wishing process, I wrote, I affirmed, I've been dreaming about this job for the past two nights it almost seems real to me. A 1bedroom apartment in my price range close to the company has miraculously opened up. It's as if the gods and goddesses are tickling my psyche. Yes, yes, you can have this wish only if you want it bad enough.

But I do want it. I do. I get goosebumps thinking about this place. I always have but I never allowed myself to dream that I could work there. I sit here in the library close to my new home and I see an opening for an internship at this company. I've submitted my resume for 10 internship jobs and a few minutes ago I found out they were hiring interns for people studying my "useless" major.

My hands were shaking so violently, and it still is, I didn't know how I was able to revise my resume and send it in. The job opened up yesterday. 10/10. The magical number of growth and abundance. One of my favorite numbers. In 20 days the job closes forever.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

If I get this internship all of the people who have put me down for pursuing my "useless" major would have to kiss the ground I stand on. I am a writer, first of all. I am a businessperson, next. My whole life has been a struggle between these two planes but I always knew, I always knew my pursuit of writing wasn't for naught. I knew as much as I knew my instincts will never fail me that I could be homeless, poor and alone but my writing, my words will always save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment