Friday, October 5, 2012

Not near enough

I always feel like a kid slurping down a Wendy's frosty everytime I successfully finish my homework. Yes, I'm a geek. Today's HW is about digital divide in society and technology.

Compelling stuff, I tell you.

It would have been a lot easier to finish HW if I wasn't in the process of moving to a place I found in craig's list and sending someone off on an airplane headed to Tulsa, OK. So many changes in a condensed period of time. On top of it all, I'm waiting to hear word from two different scholarship committees. Winning those scholarships will pay off my semester at WSU.

My $3000.00 unpaid tuition fee is staring at me with bright, glaring eyes. I pay my bills way ahead of time, I really do but there's been a hiccup with my financial aid. I was promised $2800 and I'm only going to receive $750. I remember falling over myself in pain and grief and anguish knowing I didn't have enough cash on hand to pay for it all.

I needed to move to a new place and the deposit and buying odds and ends that make a home sucked my finances dry. I was working 50 plus hours a week but being in college and all, my hours dwindled down to 32. Not near enough.

But I still have it pretty good. The space I'm renting out is a fun, sunny place with a giant flat screen TV and cable. My commute will get slashed in half and my raise and promotion is only 2 days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment