Friday, October 26, 2012

Seven

Never underestimate the power of synchronicity and signs. I was at the U-District earlier during the day walking around, trying to enjoy a rainy day and there it was, a headline concerning my dream company. It was a terrible piece of news but it was about my dream company nonetheless, and not even an hour later, while I was paying up for mediocre Indian buffet lunch, one of the owners the magic numbers associated with this company.

Twilight Zone.

If there's anything at all that you need to know about me is that I have twilight zone moments almost  everyday of my life. I'm a walking Twilight Zone episode.

I received an email from the Hiring Manager who shall decide my fate. It's quite a huge jump in the right direction for me. I've been trying to get a job at this company for a year now and all I've received is dead air.

Dead Air is terrible if you're looking to move up in your career.

The cue I received to check my email is when one of my Post It notes detailing eloquently all my goals for this year fell from the wall. I looked up from the incredibly arresting book that I'm reading and thought it was a sign from the universe I should look at my accounts one more time before I turn in for the night.

Lo and behold!

I see her name in my inbox and I immediately assume it's bad news. I read and it says Congratulations! off the top of the email and I'm reading so fast I could barely comprehend what they're saying.

I'm so glad I read this paradigm-shifting email pretty close to bedtime and now my heart is beating so fast I can't even think straight anymore. Good God. An internship with this company will pretty much set the stage for my future career. I set my sights pretty low thinking a liberal arts major would be cast aside in a sea of business, and engineering majors. Well, liberal arts majors are always cast aside but I refuse to take NO for an answer. I've been hearing NO my whole entire life and I've gotten pretty good at turning those NO's into a giant, resounding Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment