Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Roster of worries

I always hear the "Rocky" theme song in my head everytime I finish an essay for work. It's my way of not going completely insane from the intense work and school schedule I imposed, rather mercilessly upon myself. You see, I'm an incurable taskmaster much like Martha Stewart. The thought of long, empty days lounging around in my PJ's scare me endlessly.

I have to work.
I must be working.

If you want to kill just tell me I'm entitled to a week of doing nothing. As of this writing I have one more post and the position paper to finish for Anthropology; one more post and research paper for Digital Diversity; three more essays for my writing class. Did I mention the semester ends on Dec. 14, 2012 and I've finished 95% of the work. I failed to mention Sociology because two days ago I finished the coursework in Sociology. Quite an achievement, considering most of my classmates were viciously emailing the professor at 11:59 last night to make sure their midterm essay made it in on time--the deadline is at midnight.

I'm worried I won't have enough to do for the next month and a half so I'm mulling over applying for a three-month editorial internship while I wait to see if I am accepted for the leadership job at Seattle Education Acess, wait to see if i got the internships job at Dream Copany and wait to see if I win any more scholarships.

I'm taking on more worries just in case my roster of worries isn't nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment