Monday, August 6, 2012

my oscar moment

Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 22:03:31
To: XXXX
Subject: RE: Nomination

Hi Jeannie,

Thanks for your nomination! Could you ask Ms. Ganuelas to send us her bio and photo?

--------
Mei Lau(Kay)
Northwest Asian Weekly | Seattle Chinese Post
Northwest Asian Weekly Foundation | Women of Color Empowered
412 Maynard Ave. S. | Seattle, WA 98104
P. 206-223-0623 | F. 206-223-0626 | rsvp@nwasianweekly.com

-----Original Message-----
From: XXXX
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 7:18 AM
To: Rsvp NW Asian Weekly
Subject: Nomination

I would like to nominate Ruzielle Ganuelas. I have known her for several years now and find her to be someone that I value as a friend even more than a customer though she is highly valued as both. She is a stolid member of our community (the community at large as well as specifically women of color). When I heard of this award, she was the first person who came to mind. She is hard working, giving more than her share to her employers, family and friends - for instance, always seeking to make sure the company as well as the customers/clients get the very best - even above and beyond their expectations (even at times when (I feel) she has been discriminated against)! I have also seen her donate generously to worthy causes and volunteer her spare time to help others. In the rigorous schedule she keeps I don't know where she even FINDS "spare" time (and she always seems so calm and unhurried). She is an inspiration to ME (and I'm an old, white business owner) with her personal values, her work ethic, and her compassion, providing a fabulous example of a human being for those around her to look up to and pattern their lives after.
I apologize for the length of this "short" paragraph but short isn't long enough to express my admiration for this lady.
I hope you may find your way clear to find her as worthy as I see her to receive your prestigious award.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jeannie Keyes, owner
The Venus Moon
Renton, WA
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1424 / Virus Database: 2437/5181 - Release Date: 08/06/12

No comments:

Post a Comment