Sunday, August 12, 2012

Keeping still

The I-Ching has spoken: keep still. As a woman of constant motion I find it hard to keep this advice close to heart. Keep still. What does that mean? I've heard some not-so-good news last Friday which threatened to collapse my delicate ecosystem of planning and clearing up my calendar to accomodate my new life. My instinct was to cancel everything. Everything. Cancel everything and start all over. But that morning I got an email from my friend The Psychic telling me about her psychic fair in her shop in Renton. I've been carefully moving away from divinity tools because I feel like I use them too much as a shield against this disappointing world we live in.

After the disappointing news, I needed to hear from the sages on which step to take. I have a tendency to be a freaker-outer and my instinct to cancel everything I've been planning on for months and months just seems cowardly. The I-Ching lady confirmed my thoughts and even helped give me some relief over all my overriding fears and phobias. Keep still. Pick up hatha yoga or meditation. Anything that will calm my scaredy cat nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment