Friday, October 19, 2012

Musts

The tiredness is seeping into my body like a second thin layer of skin. Six days into my new role at work and I'm completely exhausted--physically, emotionally and spiritually. My body just wants to run around for a few miles to unload most of the splinters studded in my mind.

But I can't.
Must work.
Must go to class.
Must read this book.
Must push ahead.

My grocery list of musts is driving me insane.

I'm having trouble sleeping.

A wise man told me I should get a hobby. Easy for him to say, he has time in his hands. I don't. I work 40 hours a week. I have 12 credits in college. I'm applying viciously for an awesome internship in the summer. My job is rolling into the busy season.

I'm planning my next semester. I'm doing an independent learning program.
Must write up my program next semester.

I read about women who do way more than I do and I wonder if I'm doing enough.

Last night I ate a single serving mini cheesecake in front of my computer while powering through a class project. I'm trying to lose at least 8 pounds. I figured, I have to stop eating after 6 PM to give my body time to recharge and rest instead of burning away calories in my sleep.

But I can't. I was tired, wiped out from an excruciating day at work and a New York cheesecake is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I slept soundly last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment