Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A short reading list

I found a few new blogs that I find absolutely delightful...

www.lovelifeeat.com by Felicia Sullivan and www.eatthelove.com, coincidentally both blogs are focused on food and baking.

I had a short-lived career as a baker and there's always going to be a part of me that is going to want to bake. I sublimate that desire through reading cookbooks, food blogs, and endlessly looking at the masterful sugar creations at my job.

One of my great luck in life is having a horse-powered metabolism. I'm one of those annoying girls who eat everything off a buffet table, and the dessert table and is still hungry a few hours later. But as I get older, and more conscious of my consumption, I realize I don't need to eat so much. In fact, my needs and wants are very few and I prefer to keep it that way.

To taste my self-control, I look at the beautiful pastries at different bakeries. Somehow, looking at them fulfills a need that I have, I'm not quite sure what it is but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment