Friday, December 28, 2012

hobbies

It's a sad thought bubble that popped up in my head, when I realized I don't have any hobbies, or anything really, to do to de-stress from my life. Sure I'm a busy lady. I go to school full time, work full time, and starting January, I'm going to start my part time job with the Advisory Board Council.

Work, work, work.

Really, I'm working constantly so I can avoid the unlit, muggy corners of my soul, the fractured pieces of my dark heart.

Someone once told me reading isn't a hobby, because it's just another way for me to avoid myself and my own issues. True, true. What better way to indulge in avoidism than reading about other people's messy, unfortunate lives?

I did yoga, pilates, and fusion classes for most of the year last year and the beginning of this year. And then I went back to school, changed jobs, got an internship, got 2 promotions and amassed more responsibilities at work and met someone who cracked open my insular life to let a few more people in.

Yoga, I miss it. But with school in the horizon until the summer without the security of tuition fee getting paid in full, I can't even begin to think about buying a yoga membership. Or any membership for that matter. Besides, I'm morally opposed to spending money on hobbies. I'd rather spend the money on any of my causes.

This should be my goal for 2013, find a hobby that fulfills me in ways nothing else can.

No comments:

Post a Comment