Tuesday, January 15, 2013

change

Looking through my phone list yesterday, I realized I had something I didn't have a year before. My phone book has a SWAT team of Western doctors at my disposal. The number of Dr's listed on my phone is nauseating.

I can't believe just a year ago, I didn't have any form of health care insurance, and now my insurance's largesse is astonishing I could hardly believe my good luck.

I have a private physician, a dermatologist, a masseur, an optometrist and a dentist on my phone book. More professional people's numbers listed on my phone, way more than true and everlasting friends I can call on.

Is it really good luck? I know, when I first started this job I didn't want to go in. I was unhappy with the industry and in so many ways, I still am. The disposable and replaceable nature of its workers depresses me to no end. I'd like to come in to work, knowing they can't fire me and replace me within an hour. Or at least come in to work knowing I've done something good for humanity.

My friend said all of my "good luck" is from the universe responding to my bucketful of kindness. I said, no, that's not it. Life is all about feng shui, the releasing and accepting of the inbound and the outbound. Excising old growth ideas, and nurturing new ideas that encourage fertility and growth.

Nobody took more chances than I did, last year. This year is no different. I can feel the winds of change chiming all around me, and all I could do is heed its siren call.

No comments:

Post a Comment