Sunday, January 27, 2013

r + r

In an interesting turn of events, I find myself working long, very long days, sometimes running a whole department on my own, working in the kitchen and the hospitality aspect of the job--on top of being completely sore and in pain from following workout videos online.

My bad mood isn't helped any by my crazy work hours, all the training I've been doing at work, and my incessant brain fog. My mind refuses to cooperate and write an essay (already!). The fuel that drove me for hours and hours of non-stop work (school and otherwise) dried up. I'm literally running on fumes.

This is the time when I should be juicing and slowing down, but I keep forging ahead. I know I'm not doing my best work (even if it looks like it). I'm uninspired, and cranky and my mood swings fluctuate like crazy.

I'm looking at spa menus, daydreaming about spending a few hours in a day spa. My Puritanical instincts prevent me from enjoying myself. I'm too ashamed to spend my own money, on my time and enjoyment. It's a damn shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment