Tuesday, January 1, 2013

do less

Looking back on the events that transpired last year, two words came to mind for 2013: Do Less. Yes, do less. Pick up less work, less stress, enjoy myself more.

I want to give myself permission to not do anything, just for one day. Do as I desire, without thinking about the overwhelming to do list floating above my head.

It's a great fantasy of mine to be one of those fabulous people who say c'est la vie! and enjoy their lives, doing whatever it is idle people do.

New Year's Eve was spent in the company of women I've never spent time with before. I had a grand total of two glasses of red wine. A feat for me, really, since I weigh 100 pounds and I have the metabolism of a horse. I'm not one of those people who make resolutions, I draw up wishes instead.

What did I wish for in 2013?

Quite frankly, more work.

For one thing, a step above my job now.
1. A job better suited to my future self, rather than the old one.
2. Finish my BA degree once and for all.
3. Build a new career path with the NGO.
4. Start graduate school.
5. Move into a fabulous new apartment.
6. True love (of course).

I should have wished for me, too. To find calm and serenity within my own heart. This is going into my wish list for 2013. No matter what happens, I wish to find the love and stillness within myself.

Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment